THE EMILY FILES
The Emily Files was a monthly feature of the year-long online publication - Exhibitions on the Cusp - where Kathleen L. Housley, author of Emily Hall Tremaine: Collector on the Cusp, explored specific pieces from the Tremaine Collection and connected them to themes shaping contemporary art.
Exhibitions on the Cusp celebrated the 20th anniversary of the Emily Hall Tremaine Exhibition Award.
- The Black Rose: When Art Extends Beyond the Walls
- Painting Toward Architecture: Bringing Art to Industry and Industry to Art
- The Challenge of Fragility: Piet Mondrian’s Victory Boogie-Woogie
- The Return of the Zuni War God
- Giacometti’s Spoon Woman: The Fraught Relationship Between Primitive and Modern
- Louise Lawler and Emily Hall Tremaine: Site-Unspecific Art
- Christo’s Art of the Hidden and Transient
- When Curatorial and Artistic Visions Clash
- A Cosmic Earthwork